Psalm 121: 7-8 (ESV):
7 The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
8 The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.
We have a home! Here’s the story:
We realized over Christmas break that I could no longer continue serving with World Horizons due to health issues caused by Fibromyalgia. Returning from work completely exhausted was taking a tole on our family. So, we prayed and made some decisions. The reasons why we are moving:
- Bill, Ashley, grand kids, and Andy are in Ohio. Our home is almost equidistant from them.
- Climate, Climate, Climate! More snow and cooler summers!
- Lake Erie
- Better opportunities for Joni
- Great doctors and friends in Cleveland
- Ministry opportunities
Years ago I had taken a trip in the area and loved it. Brad has also lived in Ohio. So, we took a vision trip last week hoping and praying to find a home to rent. With as many transitions as both Brad and I have had, we did not envision owning a home at our age. The Lord led us to a wonderful realtor through real estate apps, and we are so thankful! Our realtor realized we could purchase a home and pay much less than what we are currently paying to rent our home here. A win-win situation! God’s faithfulness in this process has amazed us! We were surrounded by wonderful people the entire trip and were able to both find a home and enter into a contract on the home in a week. We praise God for His goodness and grace to us! Here’s how you can pray:
- House Inspection on Thursday
- No issues with closing process between here and closing date on March 14th
- Wisdom in packing, throwing away, and pacing so as not to overdue it healthwise
- Travel mercies during the move
- New ministry opportunities and finding a new church home
We dearly love our World Horizons, Perspectives and Mechanicsville Church of Christ families. We will miss you, and we thank you for investing in our lives! We are excited for this new season of opportunity and appreciate your prayers and support.
Below are pictures from the trip!