1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (ESV):
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends.
Six years ago today, I married this wonderful man in Franklin, VA! At the time, I don’t think he realized he was marrying someone who was bruised, battered, and broken. The Lord has used him greatly in my life to provide much needed healing. And yes, we got married in matching polo shirts and overalls! Here are just a few things I love about my husband:
- Loves Jesus
- Loves me
- Loves my children as they were his own, including Jack 🙂
- Puts my needs ahead of his own
- Gives the best massages, head rubs, and foot rubs
- Talented musician, and thus our home is filled with beautiful music
- Committed to growing in Christ and to us growing together
- Understands the call to mission
- Loves watching movies with me
- Puts up with my lack of cooking with a smile on his face
- Folds clothes like my mother
- Learned to like tennis because he knows I love it
- Could care less if I wear make up
- Just plum awesome!
Thank you for an amazing journey over the past six years! I look forward to many more years with you! Happy Anniversary! Love him!