1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV):
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
I miss the home I grew up in on the water, and I am so grateful for the time I had there. Now, Mechanicsville is my home; it’s not on the water, but I find God’s beauty and things to be grateful for in my yard. Here are some of those things:
- Rustle of the fall leaves
- Stand of pine trees
- Purple flowers which bloom twice a year for just a day or two
- Honeysuckle that looks like a rooster
- Doves & humming birds
- Sound of crickets chirping at night
- Full moons-last night was the harvest moon
Our creator God has made such a wondrous creation. I’m glad I get to enjoy it in my own backyard!